Jädraås is situated in
the Iron Land of Gästrikland
(a province 200 km north of Stockholm)
– a part of Sweden
where iron mines and blast furnaces
once gave life and activity to the district.
In the year 1881 the railway was connected to the village.
About 6 kilometres of the old narrow gauge track is still left,
but now as the museum society Jädraås – Tallås Railway, JTJ,
with train traffic as it looked like a hundred years ago.