Cover art by Ian Harding.
Peter Roe Memorial Booklet 4
Travel and Communication in Tolkien’s World
was published in 1996 and contains 58 pages.
Edited by Richard Crawshaw,
it consists of transcripts of 6 talks
presented at the 10th Tolkien Society Seminar
held at The Guildhall, Leicester on 24 June 1995.
A5 format, stapled; issue numbers unknown.
- The Palantiri – A Study, by Alex Lewis.
- The Road Goes Ever On – Tolkien’s use of journey motive in constructing The Lord of the Rings, by John Ellison.
- Who Mends the Roads? – Superstructures without Substructures, by Richard T Allen.
- First Catch Your Oliphaunt – A Rambling Look at the Natural and Unnatural History of Elephants, by Ruth Lacon.
- The Geography of the Shire – Reference points for a study of Communications, by Ian Smalley and Sally Bijl.
- The History and Practice of Communications in the Shire, by Tom Marringer.